OK, so I recently went to London to do some booky type things and it was basically a cringe-fest. This is entirely my own fault because I’m good at writing but I’m completely rubbish at most other things you care to mention, including (but not limited to):
- Meeting people.
- Talking to people I don’t know.
- Mingling at social events.
- Acting like I know what I’m talking about.
- Explaining what my book is about.
- Thinking of interesting things to say (until much later).
- Being photographed/videoed.
- Being interviewed.
- (And I only just discovered this one recently) Signing books.
So, yeah, I was in London, doing all of the above. Very badly. But, you know, I tried. And the good thing for me is that Hachette have a load of people who are far better at most things than I am. These quote cards for example are basically the BEST THING EVER, so I am going to share them here. The one here went out into the world to celebrate two weeks until pub date. More will follow as and when they are released into the wild…